Essential Protein and Vitamin Supplements for Athletes in Training
March is National Athletic Training Month, and while you’re gearing up to get in shape, we’re taking inventory on all the supplements for athletes that can help you achieve your goals. Don’t worry, of course we’ll share them with you too! Keep reading to learn more.
Protein Supplements for Athletes
Protein is incredibly important for athletes. Actually all of us need protein in our diets, but athletes on average need about two to three times more protein than a non-athletic person. Protein is used to build and repair muscle as well as connective tissue, so it’s pretty crucial for strength training, weight lifting and an athletic lifestyle in general. Here are some of the best protein supplements for athletes out there:
- Lean Protein – Try PureLean Protein Blend from Pure Encapsulations if you want to boost your protein intake, but watch your calories.
- Whey Protein – Try this blend from Premier Research Labs. Whey protein is a great source of amino acids, which are very important for building muscle.
- Protein Blend – Get the advantages of three different types of protein with Protein Blend Powder from D’Adamo Personalized Nutrition.
- Plant Based Protein – Get the convenience you need with this on-the-go shake from Vega.
- Collagen Protein – These easy-to-swallow capsules by Ancient Nutrition make it easy to boost your collagen and protein intake, crucial for protecting the joints of hard working athletes.
Vitamin Supplements for Athletes
Multivitamins are important for everyone’s daily routine, but athletes especially need to pay close attention to the vitamins and minerals they are getting everyday. That’s where supplements for athletes really come in handy. You’ll just want to make sure you’re purchasing only high-quality supplements from a reputable dealer. Here are the most important vitamins and minerals that athletes should be focused on.
- Vitamins B12 and B6
- Vitamins A and D
- Omega 3s and Fish Oils
Shop for these essential vitamins and minerals from trusted brands such as NOW Foods. Try NOW Sports’ Men’s Extreme Sports Multi by NOW Foods, or NOW Sports’ ZMA Sports Recovery capsules – also by NOW Foods.
You will also find other specialized blended supplements just for athletes from brands like Natural Stacks.
Additional Supplements for Athletes
Many supplements for athletes come specially blended for maximum support. You can find a blend for almost any area you want to focus on. Here are a few of our favorites for energy production, performance enhancement, and recovery.
- Athletic Pure Pack from Pure Encapsulations
- Amino Complex by Thorne Research
- Klean Endurance by Klean Athlete
- Klean Recovery by Klean Athlete
What supplements for athletes do you focus on when training? We’d love to hear about them! Tell us in the comments below!