Easy Avocado Green Sauce – The Real Food Dietitians
Five ingredients and a few minutes of your time is all it takes to make this easy and healthy Avocado Green Sauce – an easy and delicious way to add flavor to any meal!
Turn a mediocre meal into something scrumptious with this healthy and easy Avocado Green Sauce.
A flavorful sauce that’s incredibly easy to make and chock full of healthy fats thanks to the avocado and avocado oil (or olive oil). This sauce is Whole30-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and vegan-friendly. It’s a sauce for everyone that goes on everything.
My favorite way to serve this sauce is as a dip or topping for grilled meats! It’s an easy way to add incredible flavor to meats. In the Spring and especially Summer I’m all about simple and easy cooking but I also want meals to be flavorful so this sauce is the ticket. Other was to enjoy this sauce is as a dip for raw, roasted or grilled veggies, as a topping for various ‘bowls’ whether it’s Mexican or Mediterranean inspired, or as a garlicky salad dressing. It even makes for the most delicious chip dip!
Move over ranch, Avocado Green Sauce might just be your new condiment of choice.
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Avocado Green Sauce ingredients
5 ingredients, not including oil and salt, is all you need!
- Olive oil or avocado oil – such as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil or Olive Oil.
- Lime juice – from about 1 medium lime.
- Fresh herbs – a mix of parsley and cilantro is what I prefer, but feel free to use what you have on hand or growing in your garden.
- Garlic – one for kinda garlicky or 2 for really garlicky.
- Avocado – choose an avocado that is light softer to touch. Not real soft but just enough where it will blend well.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – 1/4 tsp. for a subtle kick or a 1/2 tsp. for more of a kick.
- Sea salt
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen products use code: REALFOODRDS
How to make Avocado Green Sauce
It’s as easy as it gets. In a food processor or blender, add the ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is achieved. I prefer it to be slightly chunky. If you prefer a more smooth-like consistency, similar to a salad dressings, simply blend on low.
Looking for a mini food-processor? Here is the one I recently purchased and it works great!
How to store Avocado Green Sauce
Once the sauce is made, simply store it in a glass container for mason jar with lid for up to 5 days. The lime juice that’s added for flavor will also serve as dual purpose due to its acidic nature and prevent the avocado based sauce from turning brown.
Recipes that pair well with Avocado Green Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
- 1 cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (mix of parsley and cilantro)
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium avocado (slightly soft)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (add more for more kick)
- In a small food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients.
- Pulse several times until desired consistency is achieved. You can keep it more chunky like the photos show or you can blend it on low to make it completely smooth.
- Serve with grilled meats and/or veggies, as a dressing for a salad or even as a chip dip.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
Pin now, make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!