Recommit to Your Fitness Journey While Making a Difference
First thing’s first: So, you’ve taken a small detour or made a quick pitstop on your road to making healthy happen. That’s OK! Chances are that if you’re reading this, it’s because you’re ready to get back on track, and we’re SO proud of you for that! Making the decision to re-start your fitness journey is difficult, which is just one of the reasons we decided to partner with the Movemeant Foundation for our Move with AF Challenge during the month of December. We chose to partner with the Movemeant Foundation to help support and empower young women to feel confident about their bodies through fitness and active lifestyles. How can you help? It’s simple! All you need to do is log each workout you complete in the Kilter app, and we’ll take care of the rest! The best part? It’s free to join and open to everyone. Check out our how-to guide to get started!
But besides that, there are plenty of other ways that can help you get right back to where you left off in your fitness journey. Just keep in mind, there is no one-size-fits-all recipe for success (although we really wish there were), so you will have to find what works best for you. Let’s get to it!
Tips for Reigniting Your Fitness Flame
- Stop thinking about the past. Let go of any guilt, shame, or negative feelings that may be weighing you down or preventing you from moving forward. Remember, your fitness journey isn’t about where you start, but where you’re going!
- Find your “why.” It’s really difficult to stay committed to your fitness journey if you don’t know why you’re doing it. Take some time to reflect and be honest with yourself on why you want to make healthy happen and let that drive and motivate you each day! If you’re having trouble, try finding and connecting with an external factor, like moving for a great cause.
- Focus on the positives. Every thought that comes into your mind and every word you say has the ability to shape the way you live. Instead of focusing on what you can’t do, focus on what you can! Remove words like “should” and “have to” from your vocabulary and replace them with ones that bring power into your everyday life.
- Take it one day at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too much in the beginning; take it one day, one workout, and one exercise at a time and focus on winning each present moment each day. Remember, small consistent changes make the biggest impact!
- Move how YOU want to. If you don’t enjoy a certain type of workout, don’t do it! No one says you have to run on the treadmill or lift heavy weights. Instead, find an activity that excites you and makes you happy. That way, you’ll look forward to exercise, instead of dreading it.
- Find an accountability buddy or fitness community. Studies show that exercising with others increases performance, motivation, and accountability—plus, it’s more fun, too! Find a friend, family member, or fellow gym-goer to complete an in-person workout together or send each other a text when you’ve completed it on your own. Or download an app to track your workouts in! Did we mention that for each workout you log in the Kilter app, The HeartFirst Foundation will donate $1 to an amazing cause?
- Join a fitness challenge or competition. Because who doesn’t love a little friendly competition for motivation? And lucky for you, we know the perfect one to join: our Move with AF Challenge.
Visit us at www.anytimefitness.com/movewithaf/ for more information!